Thursday, October 7, 2010

Eosinophilic Esophagitis Support

For those of you that have stumbled on my blog through an EE search I'm going to try to post some helpful tips I've found with food.  There is simply little or no support out there for families trying to create meals for their kids with EE. 
Wouldn't it be a cool idea to create a cookbook based on the "6 Food Elimination Diet" that kids with EE have to go on? 
Anyway,
In some ways Abigail being diagnosed with EE has been a blessing.  My cooking is all from SCRATCH. 
And I've taught myself how to cook. 
It's just as easy (once you get a plan in place... more on planning meals with EE coming soon) as throwing chicken nuggets in the micro. 
Sooo... tonight's dinner is "Sloppy Joes". 
 I used this cookbook which I love. 
My old favorite Slow Cooker cookbook was from Gooseberry Patch. 
It now has dust collecting on it since the recipes often call for 'cream of something soup' or other EE allergy foods. 


I substituted ground beef for lean ground turkey since I make ONE family meal and it needs to meet all of our needs.


My helper
I've heard that getting kids involved in the cooking helps them once it's dinner time. 
Abigail helps me everyday... but it doesn't work!




My best friend
on days when Anna has back-to-back afternoon activities

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tara,
    So glad you found my blog and popped in to say "hi"!:) I have met some great people doing this whole blog thing. The world is filled with some wonderfully supportive women. I think you're going to love it too.

    Little helpers in the kitchen is so much fun. Even though sometimes it does make the whole process a bit longer right??!!:)

    I look forward to reading more of your blog and following along. Looks like I'm your second follower! :)
    Enjoy the day Tara!

    Oh and I LOVE your blog title!! We just watched the new Tinker Bell Fairy movie yesterday (AWESOME!) so I had that phrase floating around in my head when I saw your email this am. I like your updated meaning a bit better!!:)

    ReplyDelete