Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Thoughts on Remembering

I read in my devotional today, 

"Thanksgiving is intimately tied to remembering. If you can't remember what someone has done for you, how can you be thankful? The Bible uses various forms of the word remember more than 150 times, and very often the idea of remembering is tied to thanking God."

"Why all the reminders? Because, quite simply, people forget. And when they forget or don't notice, they tend to whine or complain." 

"The Israelites forgot again and aging about God's faithfulness and His plans for them, and they complained a lot. We all do." 

~ Mom Heart Moments, Sally Clarkson 


 This reminded me so much of the feelings and the 'why' I blog. I blog for remembering. I don't blog to share my opinions, my 'how to be', right ways to live. We all make our own choices. 

So many times I can feel God's presence and touch in my heart. So many days, or moments are filled with his graces pouring out on me, and I know it because I can feel it. But then there are days that I don't feel that. But in the remembering I can look back and know that he is there; he has always been faithful. 

He has been faithful through the fun and silly times. 

He has been faithful through the worried seasons that seemed like years. 

He has been faithful through the waiting times. 

Always there. Always faithful. 

Remembering reminds me. 

"When it comes to God's work in our lives, we fall so easily into spiritual amnesia. This is why from time to time we need to stop the busyness in our lives and remember. Even better, we need to create reminders of God's faithfulness." 

And so I blog. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other posts you might like on remembering and God's faithfulness: 

We Planted the Seeds

Blooming 


No comments:

Post a Comment