Sunday, February 4, 2024

A Snowy Sunday

Last Sunday I had just the loveliest day. I knew that the snow would be coming down so I headed to Mass at 7:30 in our town. Scott and Abigail were in charge of making sandwiches for the homeless (post back here on all of that) so I had the whole house to myself alllll morning long. 

I had stars in my eyes about that time and I spent every second in the kitchen. I love to bake and get all things prepped on Sunday so it was perfect. 

First was reading in the family room. I'm in a book club for this book: Mission of Motherhood, Sally Clarkson. You can find her website here. I can't recommend her books enough -- join her membership! (no matter what age your children are)


The snow was just starting to fall and I was so cozy in there! 


I stepped out on the back porch to take a few pictures of our back yard. I love it in all the seasons. 



Then it was baking time for me! I started by making Abigail's 'vanilla muffins' for the days she stays late at school for jazz dancers. 


The dough was rising for our homemade wheat bread for the week. 


Still, Scott and Abigail were at church -- getting a bit worried about them driving home in this snow. 


A few cups of tea... 


Homemade dinner rolls - I freeze these for soups (we usually have soup twice during the week) 


And finally, our loaves of bread. 


A lot of dishes, a lot of time, but so worth it! I love all of the homemade especially because I teach all day long. It makes it so wonderful to come home to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment