Friday, April 12, 2019

Faith Filled Friday - He always answers!

I've always had a deep faith - always treasured my rich Catholic heritage and upbringing.

It wasn't until my college days when I met Father Bob (and the college Newman Center) that I really found my own deep personal relationship with Christ. 

And it wasn't until my late twenties when I took Bible study seriously. Ever since my 20's I have always, every day, even when I'm away from home, sat in the early morning at my 'bible desk' and opened the Bible, my pen, and a plain lined notebook. In that time (sometimes short when it's a school morning) I read, and pray, and let God show me what to study. 

And He always answers. 

Lately, especially when this is my second go-around of 'back to the classroom' - I've been nervous about the end of April until the last day of school. Kind of 'stop me in my tracks' nervous. I've tried to push away the feelings but they creep up on me. May tends to have a really full calendar in our house. I've always been able to handle it when I was home - but now with teaching all day I feel like not having that 'home time' to regroup and prepare myself for the busy weekends and evenings has made me stressed and grouchy. Neither of which I want to be. I can teach and but teaching and running that calendar in May is my weakness. I can do my week and the 'things' that my girls do outside of school just fine. But my weakness lies in 'extra', and 'extra' evening concert thrown in there, an 'extra' rehearsal, an 'extra' school play, even an 'extra' Confirmation. I know that anything 'extra' above the normal week can send me into a tizzy of almost tears even when I rationally know how to ground myself and even enjoy it. - My best weeks are those that I teach, the teaching is goooood, I'm organized in my classroom, my lessons are planned well and prepared ahead of time and I get to come home and be their mama all afternoon and evening and those are many many days but I can't always have that and I know that the end of April through the beginning of June has not a lot of that.

6 am in my living room - I love the way the light looks at different times of the year 

1

So this April break I poured all of this out to God in my early morning time asking Him for a way, His way to not just 'make it through' but to enjoy this spring. 

And He answered. In my consistency in my early morning Bible study time He always answers. 

He led me to certain verses and made them come alive in a new way in my heart -- in a way that I know was from Him. 

I have pages and pages of 'poured out notes' that I'm going to type up so that I can access them anywhere {my classroom, my car, an orchestra auditorium} to remind myself. 

Today I am going to sit my girls down for a little mommy and me Bible study to show them what God has been speaking to my heart this week. Because I want them to know how to access God's strength in their own weaknesses

I'll spare you the pages and pages of notes - some Bible verses, some just practical tips He put in my heart and share with you just one verse.

(side note: I use a Catholic Bible each day but when a verse really sticks out to me and I know that God is leading me to it I'll look it up and several other translations. Some times a different wording will hit me and really make it clear to me. This is from the Amplified Bible)

3

2 Corinthians 12:9 

But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving kindness and mercy) is enough for you (sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully); for my strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and showing them most effective in your weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of  Christ may rest (yes, many pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!

So on those evenings or weekends when I feel like I just can't bear going out after teaching during the day to a rehearsal or event (my weakness) I know I have that the strength and power of Christ is pitching a tent over my weakness. That His power and strength will be dwelling upon me! That is so awesome! And His grace is enough because His strength and power are made PERFECT! in my weakness!  

So instead of wondering if I can 'get through' I'll be resting {and enjoying this season} in His strength and power. 

Yes, He answers!

2

No comments:

Post a Comment