Friday, May 4, 2018

Sweet Moments

This week sort of got away from me.  I had good intentions of documenting life here.  But then there was life.

I adore teaching but it's not babysitting.  We live in very educational dominant state and town.  Teaching is hard core here.  It's some serious business.

And most of the time by Wednesday I've switched from hopes and dreams from my bit of time in the evening to pure survival.  I'm usually tired by Wednesday night and making the girls lunches, putting away clean laundry, being what they need in the evening, some school work and emails, takes priority over this space here.

And then when there is a bit of time on Friday night it feels like I can't think.  I've poured in and given and (this week sweated, 90 two days in a row!!!!)

I always want to remember that there are such sweet moments within some weeks of chaos.  I don't always document them with my camera but they are there. And I am getting better and better at taking a step back and soaking them in.  I know now that they 'grow so fast' and am determined not to blink; so grateful that I was home for 13 years and only now in school while they are in school, home while they are home.

There are good things this weekend.  Mass, an orchestra concert, getting ready for a birthday party for Abigail, and resting my thoughts, laughing and enjoying my little family of 4, here's to a great one!


No comments:

Post a Comment