Monday, November 6, 2017

Weekending

This song I love (click here) Especially the part at the end...

... light the home fires
... get my slippers
... make a pizza

We went to Boston on Saturday afternoon.  Got there around 4pm, left on Sunday at 9:30am.  Not much time but just enough.

Scott has a conference in Cambridge and we couldn't pass up staying with him in a fancy hotel.  And this was the whole reason we went I think (to the girls, that is)

boston 1

boston 2

I was so thrilled that we were home in time to see my tree today.  (more about my tree here, yes, I love her)  She's not all turned yet (she's a late leaf changer.. she likes to be last on the street, in the town, in the state I think) but she's sure worth waiting for.  One more week and I think she'll be at her peek color.  She waits all year for this you know.

tree 3

tree 4

tree 5

tree 6

Scott make this before we left so that we could just slide it in the oven for a yummy, cozy, Sunday dinner.  Wasn't that sweet?  Frees me up for girl time and baking.

tree 7

In all this fall goodness there is real life of course.  Real life like my second formal observation.  And Report Cards are due.  It's a lot I tell you.  And I'm new to all of this.  But I adore teaching, and my kids (my class) and my school and my classroom.  Soooooon I'll take my camera there and show you around.  Room 124 would love to be photographed!  I'm sure of it.

Wishing you all a blessed fall week, whatever yours if filled with.  Me?  I'm surely looking forward to Wednesday night when Report Cards have been turned in and my Formal Observation is over.  And then the yummy, glorious classroom teaching on Thursday and Friday can begin.


2 comments:

  1. Aww Frank Sinatra! I found a new pandora station that I love and I think of you when I listen to it.
    Boston... my favorite place!!
    Your dinner looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend you all had!! Your tree is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete