Monday, August 21, 2017

Walt Disney World ~ part one

All it takes is FAITH, Trust, and a Little Bit of Pixie Dust

BAKER 028

I am in love with this husband of mine. He was my childhood sweetheart, my first kiss, my world. He became the daddy of two little girls and is such a girl daddy. He loves Disney as much as I do and he surely makes all my dreams come true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So we went on this magical vacation.  And I am so grateful for our time together.

Before we went on our trip I thought it would be fun to have the girls to a little independent research project on Walt Disney himself or Disney World.

Man, oh man, they threw themselves into it like I've never seen!  I didn't take pictures of them working (just the final projects and presentations) but Anna was on her computer with a big ol smile on her face night after night.  I brought them to the library and they took out every book on Walt Disney and Disney World.

It was perfect timing because I was 'all of a sudden' busy with preparing for an interview.  I studied while they researched.

The evening before the trip (and the interview) they presented their projects.  Here is what they came up with.

1

Anna's research was so detailed. I learned a ton about the history of the parks, his inspiration and how they were created.

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

And then my sweet 10 year old really surprised me with her computer graphics. I had no idea she could do that!

12

13

Such good information about his life!

14

I am so glad that the girls taught us so much before we left. It really did make the trip even more meaningful.





1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea!!! And that they did all the research by themselves is incredible! I'm sure all this extra knowledge made for an even better Disney vacation! : )

    ReplyDelete