Monday, May 22, 2017

Mother's Day

We had Mother's Day this weekend. Yes, it was a week late. And that's okay. I'm pretty sure the world went right on spinning even though we had the flowers and the food and the love on the 'wrong' day.

Scott blessed me with a picnic, right in our backyard.

1

And it made me so so happy.

2

He made the loveliest lunches and we sat on a quilt under the tree and ate. I opened the girls homemade cards and their sweet presents.

3

4

5

8

Anna picked out a wonderful children's book for me.

9

with a beautiful print in the back of the book. So she got me a frame so that when I take out the print I can frame it for our chapter book library.

10

And my husband gave me this beautiful card with me pushing baby Anna on the swings.

11

12

13

He spoiled me with the new Susan Branch mugs, fine bone china, made in England. I love the size of them.  Perfect for a mug of soup or hot chocolate with whipped cream in the winter.  But tea, of course a big mug of tea.

14

15

16

17

And this to decorate with from a wonderful garden shoppe near our home.

18

I didn't need a single gift. (although they were so thoughtful and wonderful) The love from being their mommy is the greatest gift of all.

19

20

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful day for a beautiful mother!
    Happy Mother's Day to one of my very favorite moms!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect way to celebrate! Love the mugs and garland to decorate for Summer.

    ReplyDelete