Monday, December 12, 2016

Mid~December Weekending

~FRIDAY~

Early bath and shower.  Late afternoon Christmas nightgowns.  Mommy announced mandatory no homework.  Soup simmering, Christmas movie watching, popcorn and cranberry stringing, writing to Santa, afternoon of perfection.

1

(see our deer? She's been waiting for popcorn and cranberries for her "Christmas in the Forest" She's watching)

2

3

4

6

7

9

12

14

17

15

thinking

18

16

19

5

~SATURDAY~

Early morning church children's choir practice, blue bird watching, wrapping, and card making, half birthdaying (Anna's 13 and a HALF), tea sipping, cranberry sauce making, bedroom tree decorating

2

8

7

(Cranberry sauce is not just for Thanksgiving ~ I picked up a chicken at the grocery store.  Scott was sick this weekend and my to do list called for keeping dinner simple.  But this simmering on the stove all afternoon turned dinner into lovliness)
6

5

4

3

~SUNDAY~

A beautiful orchestra concert, comfort food dinner, planning out the rest of December, evening cuppa tea, and sleep

6

(what my planner looks like all ready to go, before I write in it)
7

5

(I put satin pillow cases over the girls flannel ones because they keep their hair from getting tangled, works like a dream, except when she sleeps like this)
4

~4:45 MONDAY MORNING~

90 minute delay, blue skies, twinkle lights, the house, neighborhood, the world silent, pure happiness

3

I don't know how they could sleep during this magic, really, I don't.

2

Sunrise with a cardinal

1

1 comment:

  1. Tara,
    Please keep doing these posts!
    I adore them.
    It makes me feel like I'm just down the street and you are sharing your weekend with me.
    The weekend that was Christmas perfection.
    Well, minus Scott being sick...
    Hope he is on the mend soon.
    Loved it all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete