Friday, June 28, 2013

Faith Filled Friday ~ Time, Space, and Prayer

Anna has always had a strong walk with God; a real thirst for Him in her heart. I'm not sure if it's because of her early childhood experiences but one thing I know is that I foster that thirst as much as I can. "God Time" as we call it in our house takes just that... time. And whenever Anna needs that time she is given that time. It doesn't matter what is swirling around in this house or what homework needs to get done. If it's time with God that she needs it's time with God that she gets.

 Every child is different. Abigail loves to dance and shout with praise music on (usually in the kitchen while I'm working... oh and she likes to be as close to naked as she can.. don't know what that has to do with it but we let that go)  Anna simply needs a pen, her notebook and some time alone.

3

She writes to God and really pours her heart out to him. I love that. Her notebook is filled with prayers really. A growing girl wanting and knowing she needs God close by her side every day. I pray for her too. That her time strengthens her relationship with the Lord and that God meets her in her time. But that I know is already true.

I don't have all of the answers but I do have a lot of resources that have helped us along the way.  One day soon... we I have a few minutes I will share a favorite devotional that Anna uses...

2 comments:

  1. Tara...you are a beautiful mother...how blessed are your girls! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this!
    you are such a good nurturer of their souls.
    isn't it funny how the girls celebrate and praise so differently??:)

    ReplyDelete