Thursday, May 9, 2013

All On A Wednesday

6

The rain came yesterday and I thought it was pretty out in my backyard. 

1

I've been feeling really stressed out lately with all that May madness and I thought I'd get the camera out and take some shots. 

4

2

Photography has always made me feel a bit more relaxed.  It slows me down and helps me focus on what is right in front of me (literally). 

3

And for a while it turns off my going going going brain.  So here's Abigail in the rain with my umbrella picking a few of the last tulips in our front yard.  We added them to the windowsill. 

7

Random, I know.  My nails and cuticles are pathetic.  I like to do my nails and when I feel like I need to give myself a manicure I do all the 'prep' upstairs and then lay out the polish by the back door so that when ever I'm off and driving again.  I get the girls ready to get in the car, do my nails and let it dry as I drive to whatever activity we're going to.  It's the best system for me because I just can't seem to find the time when I'm home... my hands are always too busy around here.  And when I'm driving they're most still I can get them. 

9

But I just can't even fit that in.  So this just sits here and waits. 

12

Anna finished another Harry Potter... I think she's quite happy!
11

Abigail helping me make meatballs.
8

So I had this night all planned out. An early dinner. We'd all head to Anna's school for her performance in the orchestra. Then home for some chocolate chip banana bread. Perfectly planned. But... This is what happened to the bread.

13

Somehow my hands didn't have a good grasp of the bread pan when I took it out of the oven. The bread fell out, the pan went flying across the kitchen floor and the worst part... sweet Anna went to help me out. She was saying, "I'm sorry that happened mommy" as she picked up the 350 degree pan with her bare hands. All of her finger tips got burned. She was so grown up about it. It shocked me. She dropped the pan, walked over to the freezer, grabbed some ice and held it on before I even knew what had happened. Poor thing. We were about 30 minutes away from her viola orchestra concert and all she could say was, "I don't think I can do the pizzicato part very well." (when they pluck the strings) But she braved it. Tylenol and ice packs while she waited to go on.

Here she is after the concert. I was so proud of my fourth grader playing in the fifth grade orchestra!

16

And here are Abigail and I watching the long (and it was so hot in there) concert last night.

14

15

Now that was a lot to pack into a day. Hopefully today will be a better one.

5

1 comment:

  1. When I taught, I used to read Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day...sounds like you had yours, Tara! Except it was tempered with bits of goodness too. : ) Hope today was better, friend!

    ReplyDelete