Thursday, July 28, 2011

15 Years

I can remember exactly where we sat. 
He was one row in front of me to the left in High School Spanish class.

One row behind me in 7th grade science.

His locker was 10 down from me Freshman year.

He had a charming smile and favorite yellow shirt.  And he often didn't do his homework and needed mine minutes before High School biology. (I was happy to share)

Oh, maybe he'd hold my hand for a minute as we walked down the hall, I thought...

And what a journey we've been on since those school days. 

3 years together in High School.

4 years together in College.

Hundreds of letters (not emails) handwritten sent to and from NH and CT

One year brand new teachers.

Ahh, finally married.

wedding.jpg

9 more years teaching for me until...

I can remember where I sat when we were doing that Bible Study and he looked at me, I raised my head and he said, "you know, we can adopt a baby.  There are beautiful babies in China that need our love." 

That one sentence, and I was expecting... 

Anna.jpg

And I knew where we were standing when I saw that pregnancy test positive and he picked me up (literally) off the floor.

Abigail.jpg


You gave me 2 "surprised" by God babies.

2 houses.

Countless staying up way too late nights, talking, praying, laughing, loving.

Scott you are my best friend.  I love you with all my heart.  Happy 15 year Anniversary.  I love our cozy, happy life. 

I am happiest when you are home.  I am happiest when we're all together. 

How is it that you still say sorry first, always?

How is it that you "just can't say no to me?"

How is it that you light up for me still, still, really?

How is it that you know my heart better than anyone?

How is it that you always push me to be the best me?

How is it that you put me first always?

How is it that I can't wait to spend the next 15 years with you?

I'm excited about our life.

Father Bob said at our wedding, "look at them, love is possible." 

Look at us Scott, love is possible. 

You are the most patient loving man I know.  You are God's gift to me.  Oh how I still love the sound of you walking in the door, the sound of your voice, the smile on your face.  Grow old along with me. The best is yet to be. 

I can't wait to celebrate with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment