Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tiny Field Day, Big Fun

I can't believe how quickly May and June passed.  I know we all say that but for some reason this year was more busy than normal.  It was Scott's first year as an Elementary School principal so combining his 'end of the year' with Anna's second grade 'end of the year' and even now with Abigail in a two morning a week preschool... there were three end of the years for me!  Busy but such a magical time of year.  I'm really behind to say the least but I'm going to try to catch up.  I've sure missed being updated on my pictures. 

Scott and I went to Abigail's preschool field day.  We just adore her preschool (same one Anna went to).  It's tiny and the we love the two teachers.  Abigail is such a different child than Anna.  She really beamed during the 'events' of field day.  And she really got right in there.   It was so much fun to watch! 

IMG_8928.jpg

IMG_8930.jpg

I love her face in this one, sweet

IMG_8932.jpg


IMG_8933.jpg

I'm sure her teachers taught them to be so excited for their friends.  I loved watching her screaming for her classmates. 

IMG_8934.jpg

IMG_8935.jpg

IMG_8943.jpg

It was the tug of war that had her beyond excited!  Boy do I love watching her so happy! 

IMG_8952.jpg

She gave it all she had!

IMG_8954.jpg

IMG_8956.jpg

IMG_8957.jpg

At the end her teachers awarded all of the kids with a field day medal.

IMG_8962.jpg

So proud of herself.  This was the happy, proud of herself face we never saw on Anna.  I'm not comparing them but I can't help comparing the experiences. Looking back it was easy to see how these "not the normal routine" school days threw Anna off, and she struggled.  Abigail beams where Anna was so very fearful.  Anna is healthy where Abigail struggles with each bite she tries to eat.  So Scott and I force ourselves to focus on the positive for each of our girls, and work to improve their struggles. 

IMG_8963.jpg

They had a family picnic after.  Love this one of of her with her daddy. 

IMG_8969.jpg

Cold, sweet, yum!  I always take pictures of Abigail eating. Even eating a popscicle thrills us! 

IMG_8972.jpg

So many more happy spring posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment